Time flies when you have a child/infant or whatever you call a male child, age 10 months and into EVERYTHING. Hard to remember my own name let alone blog or study or hear myself think really. This is initiation into the parental unit club...hmn why did no one tell me clearly how difficult this is? I am clear this is why higher fertility is left to the young. I forced my eggs out of hibernation and now I see why they hid. My boy is thankfully healthy and very sweet. If he was not I may have moved to Siberia without forwarding my info to the other half of my union.
I am learning more about life and certainly myself thru this experience. Selfish beyond my imagination, not very patient and kind of goofy. I love that he makes faces at me and laughs so much. He sees my confusion as to what is happening and he laughs. I laugh. I am learning to play with blocks and cars...I am learning to have exray vision because he does. I have never seen half of the things on the ground he does but I find them 98% quicker once they are in his hand or mouth.
I ponder if I was a California mom, if we would be chillin on the beach and things might be less chaotic? We have had so much happen and I am very positive that soon we will find a new normal. Normal- no Grandparents for him. Normal-find a babysitter that does not ask for more money once in the home. Normal-actually babysit cause they like children. Normal- Sleep thru the night. Normal- have floors to crawl on (water heater flooded 70% of the house).
I am still in my Masters program and love every second that I am able to engage in the hearing/reading/discussing of my major. I am thinking that I may focus on womens issues largely: infertility, body image and sexual abuse.
In addiction right now and that also holds interest as brain injury and addiction seem to have causal relationship. So many different avenues to travel and so little time to prepare.
Ah big world we shall see...
Read something earlier: Ignorance on fire is more valuable than knowledge on ice.
No comments:
Post a Comment